Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Zaireeka


When I first heard we were going to be doing the Zaireeka experiment, I thought what is Zaireeka? I get to class and am sitting on the floor, it is not very comfortable but that’s neither here nor there. The four people controlling the cd players press play and the experiment begins. I hear “Track 1” from every stereo and then in a deep some what “trippy” voice that sounds like it is in slow motion, I hear “cd 1, cd 2, cd 3, cd 4” from every direction in counter clockwise order of the stereos. Once the music begins there is only a baseline playing, but I really like it. Then the spiritual chanting begins to come form the stereo that is directly to the right of me. When track 2 begins it does the cd 1, cd 2, cd 3, cd 4 thing again and then the first half of the song only had instrumentals in it. What appears to be someone screaming is playing from the cd’s. Track 3 brings the same intro but once the music starts playing it reminds me of the song “Rocket Man”. Track 4 also has the same intro, the music starts and I automatically think of the movie “Fantasia”. Around track 5 the cd players are becoming off cinq. The fourth cd player is ahead of everyone elses. In track 7 there is a piano or keyboard playing at the same time as a trap set, and to me this is the best part of the cd. Track 8 is about dogs who chew toys up but for somereason have a bug that is the new baby. It ends with a bunch of dogs barking very loudly. It seems that it is an appropriate ending to this experiment.

No comments: